Top 10 Tips For a Successful Show
1. Pre-show promotion is extremely important. Surveys show that 30% of attendees will visit an exhibit booth because they have received an invitation or pre-show mail piece. These should be sent out 8-12 weeks in advance.
2. Staff your booth with knowledgeable, enthusiastic personnel.
3. Arrive early and be ready to go before the show floor opens.
4. Start the day with an objective. Assign booth staff hourly or daily quotas. These quotas can include number of attendees each staff member speaks with, or even the number of sales each staff member makes.
5. Use your booth as a showroom. Use bright colours and make sure you get noticed. Showcase unique benefits your company offers. The word "New" attracts viewers. This will help encourage booth traffic.
6. Surveys have shown that up to 60% of a buyer's decision is based upon their experience at an exhibit booth. Be courteous & helpful! Know your product.
7. Always think of visitors to your booth as guests. Taking notes and asking questions will show your guests that you are interested in their needs.
8. Use handouts sparingly. Attendees have a lot to carry and will most likely take a small brochure back to their workplace. If possible, customize a small, 1 page brochure with the key points of your products highlighted.
9. The last hour of the day can be the most important to your business, as other exhibitors may be closing up their booths, you will be meeting the serious buyers.
10. Review your best leads within a couple of hours and make notes. Add the notes to the best leads to improve your follow-up after the show.